What better time to explore this health and nutrition powerhouse than at the start of a brand-new year. Let’s talk about Kale!
Kale is a crisp and hearty vegetable, with a hint of earthiness. The flavors and nutritional content can vary between types. Younger leaves and summer leaves tend to be less bitter and fibrous.
An entire generation depending on supplements for proteins, vitamins and minerals, and people still choose to overlook Kale. We decided not to and here is why…
- One of the most nutrient dense greens on the planet, giving you ample supply of Vitamins and Antioxidants. A cup of cooked kale offers over 20% of your daily recommended dose of vitamins A and C, along with plenty of vitamin K, all of which makes it an efficient vitamin-delivery food.
- The major portion of fat in Kale is Omega-3 Fatty acid, so why rely on supplement pills anymore?
- When you think Vitamin C, citrus fruits come to mind right ? What if we said Kale had twice the amount of Vitamin C than Orange or Lemon. You don’t want to aggravate your sore throat, drinking lemonade or chewing an Orange. A chopped up sauted cup of Kale with lunch should do the trick!
- Eat your carrots or you will end up wearing glasses, we’ve all heard that! Did you know Kale does the job just as well! The ratio of lutein and zeaxanthin is the highest in Kale and your eyes are taken care of, just by adding a handful of these greens to your meal.
- Weight loss! Thats right, Kale is weight loss friendly food. It makes you feel full, but low in calories. Despite the low amount of calories, kale contains protein and fiber. These are two of the most important nutrients when it comes to losing weight. So if you are on a diet, make sure Kale is the center piece.
We understand there are other sources of these nutrients, so why not switch to plant-based nutrition, especially leafy greens. Because we can guarantee its safety. Hydroponically grown, contamination-free and reaches your plate within hours of harvest with almost nil nutritional loss.
So why not!